Friday, February 12, 2010

inky pens are the best pens

This is my virtual sketchbook. I use black ink on a Strathmore spiral bound sketchpad as my medium. My personal style is influenced by comic books (particularly Japanese manga), and I incorporate song lyrics, personal poetry and works by other artists into my pieces. My goal is to create artistic unity through combining different art forms as I portray what comes out of my head.

Some of the content is planned, but most of my work just happens. I only use one piece of paper per project. If I make mistakes, I try to make it work by transforming it into something new. Raw, emotional presence exists in every pen mark, uneven line, and frustrated scribble. Imperfections are beautiful to me.

I will start scanning images in the next few days. So far, I have completed two drawings and one work in progress. It typically takes me two nights to finish a piece, but that may vary. The plan is to fill the entire sketchbook, but we shall see what happens with that.

my inky pen is dedicated artists and art aficionados. I created this blog so that I can grow as an artist (and witness that progression), so comments are appreciated.









No comments:

Post a Comment